Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I’m thankful for Freedom. The freedom to go to the grocery store, the freedom to visit family, the freedom to just go see a movie.

A family member of mine had been in jail for about 6 months awaiting sentencing for  trafficking. Yesterday he was given 37 months, with a chance of that time reducing to 25 months for good behavior. So at the very least he’s looking at another 19 months locked away, confined. I can’t begin to fathom that feeling, that feeling of being restricted and not being able to go and come as I please. Not being able to see my family or friends when I wanted to or to simply pick up the phone at anytime to just say ‘Hey’. I think I’d probably go insane.

I guess in life we have to be conscious of the decisions we make, because a wrong move could stifle this very thing we call life. So today I implore you to take a minute to think about this ‘basic’ right, and how different your life would be if it were taken away.




What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers