Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Where We Are In Our Journey

Mr. M and I got married in April, 2006. We have not used any form of contraception since then. We have been actively trying (charting, temping, etc.) to conceive since January, 2009. In January, 2010 I did a hysterosalpingogram (HSG) which showed clear tubes. Mr. M had a Semen Analysis (SA) done that year which showed super sperms swimming like sharks, well, that was his interpretation of the results given by his doctor.


We still were unsuccessful in conceiving for another year plus, so we were referred to a Reproductive Endocrinologist (R.E.) in August, 2010. We met with the RE (Dr. K) in September, 2010 and he recommended Clomid plus IUI. We made the decision to go ahead with the IUI and made plans to do our first cycle in October, 2010. Unfortunately, Mr. M lost his brother at the end of September so we decided to postpone everything.


In February, 2011, we decided to pick up where we left off and move forward with the IUI. We had two unsuccessful IUIs. In May, Dr. K recommended a Hysteroscopy to get a closer look at my lining. The HS showed that I had uterine polyps and the openings to my tubes were not visible. I was not happy with these results at all. Dr. K said if the tubes were blocked then IVF would be our best option, but that he would know more when he went in to remove the polyps.


I had surgery on the 8th to remove the polyps, and according to Dr. K that was done successfully. Mr. M asked him about the tubes and he said that he was still unable to see the openings. However, Mr. M said he was nonchalant about it and said that sometimes you just can't see the openings. Huh? Really? In my mind, either they're blocked or not. Mr. M thinks that I should do another HSG to get confirmation about whether or not they're blocked. I think that's a good idea.


Post-op is this upcoming Thursday so I'm on pins and needles to find out what Dr. K's plan is for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers