Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Madness: Grandma Booty Shaking???

I've been slacking a lot lately and haven't blogged much, but I'm trying to do better. Things have been pretty calm, so not a lot of madness going on, but I did want to mention something that happened this past weekend.

The family gathered at my Aunt's house on Saturday to celebrate my Uncle-in-law's 50th birthday. We ate and talked but it got boring fast, so we turned the music up so everyone could jam a bit. We played a little bit of everything: Cha Cha Slide, Electric Slide, some reggae, some dance music, you name it. My 15 year old cousin and my 23 year old sister were there as well so they requested some new jams, i.e. Teach Me How to Dougie, and the likes.

Now, they say you learn something new everyday and this night didn't fall short of that. I was told that the new style of dancing among youngsters these days is similar to that of booty shaking done in strip clubs. Yes, you read that right, I couldn't believe it myself. Apparently the Adult Entertainment World has an influence on our youth; well, it was just a matter of time.

So, my sister decided to do a demonstration of this which fascinated one of my Aunts and the mother of my Aunt's friend, so we're talking about a 40+ year old and a 60+ year old grandmother. According to Grandma, she had to learn this because she had to keep up. Huh? Keep up with who? (Side Eye) Ok, no judgment from me. So, the 'trick' to doing this is to shake your thighs to get your posterior moving in a clapping motion. My aunt doing this just looked awkward. Grandma doing this resembled an elder person with a cane struggling to get up some stairs, nothing but trembling legs. It was hilarious, I couldn't control my laughter. I think some things are just better left alone, but it does show how much influence the youth of today have on elders, go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers