Thursday, September 22, 2011

That's just the way I see it......The Troy Davis Case

Tomorrow marks the beginning of Fall, my favorite season. I love the coolness it brings and the beauty it exudes. But today is marked by much anger from last night’s execution of Troy Davis. I won’t speak much about it, but I will give my two cents. In my opinion, execution may have been a bit much, although for the family of Mark MacPhail, this has given them a long awaited sense of peace. But with all the 'doubt' surrounding the case, I do believe that he should have been granted another trial. 

However, I am annoyed by all the FB posts and cries about the death of an innocent man. How do we know that he was innocent? At the very least I believe that he was an accomplice, so I’m not so quick to make cries of innocence. 

In any case, another life was taken, so my heart goes out to his family. I hope he made peace before he took his last breath.

A man does not die of love or his liver or even of old age; he dies of being a man. 
~Percival Arland Ussher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers