Sunday, September 11, 2011

In Remembrance of 09.11.2001

Today is my Mother's birthday, which should be a day of love, laughter, and happiness. But it's hard to feel complete happiness on a day like this when one of the most tragic occurrences in the world took place 10 years ago on this date.

I was 19 and on my way to class when I saw the crowd gathered around watching in awe. As soon as I realized what was taking place a stillness overcame me. Then we saw the second plane hit. We could almost feel the chaos, the panic, and the terror. We were terrified. That was a day that I will forever remember.

2,977 lives were lost that day, and countless others were forever changed.

I'd like to take a moment today to remember the lives lost on that tragic day, and to send thoughts and prayers to the family members and friends who are still trying to cope with their loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers