Monday, October 31, 2011

I Start Birth Control Pills Tonight!!

I think it's so ironic that I've never taken birth control pills to prevent pregnancy in the past, but now I'm getting ready to take birth control pills so that I can get pregnant. If that isn't backwards, then I don't know what is.

CD 1 was Saturday, which was when I should have started taking the BCPs, but I had such a busy weekend planning and hosting our first Halloween party that I didn't get around to picking up the pills until today. So, I start them tonight, CD 3. I spoke to a nurse today at ERC and she said this should be fine.

I'm a little leery about taking these pills though, because I've heard so many stories about weight gain being one of the side effects. I'm already overweight and would really hate to gain any more pounds. But at this point, I will do whatever it takes to get pregnant. This will ensure that my lining is thin so that Dr. S. can take a good look at my ovaries and hopefully be able to confirm if my tubes are open.

Here goes.............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers