Thursday, August 11, 2011

First DIY Project

Mr. M finally finished the hardwood flooring in the dining room. I won't even say how long it took, but let's just say that it's long overdue and I'm super happy that it's done. So that means it's time to paint and decorate. Funds are tight right now, so we have to be as conservative as possible with our spending.

I've been visiting a lot of blogs lately geared towards decorating and home improvement, and have gotten some inspiration to take on a few DIY projects. I think that's the cheapest and most creative way to decorate these days.

So I've decided to start visiting thrift and antique stores to find old furniture that can be repurposed. I found my first piece this past Saturday, and Mr. M and I picked it up on Monday. Here it is....



I think it's a great piece, and I'm super excited to see what the finished product will look like. More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers